Wednesday 30 May 2012

Evaluation for personal profesional development

At the beginning of this year I started buy looking a design studio and agencies, after talks with Si Scott and Mark Howe and a few other people it has become clear that I needed to start looking in to getting myself an agent. I should have already started to apply and find one or a few but at the moment my plan is to build up my portfolio full of illustration as I feel although I have benefited from doing a graphic design course and not illustration I haven't got the best amount of illustrations that I have wanted, I will start looking for an agent but I am planning on building up my portfolio aswel.

I have had design work for Cancer Research which I enjoyed but can see that it isnt the ruote for me, I haven't had any other placements yet but they are coming in the summer, 1st I am designing the setting with a group of people for a festival called beach break which involves drawing and painting my own images at large scale to help decorate and create an atmosphere for the festival. I have done this before and loved doing it. I didn't get paid but got a free ticket and expenses all paid for. This is actually a great place to get recognised and also to keep in contact with the people who do the organisation.
Secondly I have a placement in July with Hallmark cards which I am extremely looking forward to, I can't wait to get in to an atmosphere where you just draw all day and have endless amounts of material to use for decoration. I am not sure this will be the path for me as it is quite comercial and I have a feeling non of my card designs will fit in.I will obviously be able to design something suited and during my placement I will discover whether I love doing it or hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment