Sunday 13 May 2012

more research in to agents


The Ultimate Illustration Agents list



And now we’re going to find an illustration representative, an agent…
Don’t we wish it was that easy. Well it’s not. One reason it’s not easy, is that for each illustration agent out there, there are thousands of  illustration artists that are trying to get representation. And this number is probably only going up. The other reason is that (from what I read) even after you find an illustration agent, your problems don’t just go away – but let’s consider that as rich man’s problem and focus on problem number one.
The path is clear, make a list of all illustration agents, submit the best possible portfolio of artwork I can put together and wish for the best.
Deciding to be open about the whole process, I’m publishing here the complete list we created of art agents that accept illustration art.  Please do send me a note if you find any agent that fits this description I might have missed. I’m trying to build the most complete list possible. To save you the trouble I’m also writing below the list of sources we used in order to get the list done. I’ll start with the sources and then place the list:


Where to find agents

1. Illustration Now – The book - if you check the bottom lines, each illustration artist that has a rep reports it. I added agents from both volume 1 and 2 here… I’ll add 3 when I actually buy it.
Illustration Now Taschen book cover
3. The workbook – a list of representatives
4. Directory of illustration – a list
5. Picture – book – a list
6. A great list at Shannon Associates Artists’ – This is actually one agency that provides a very nice list of  links
7. Nice list at the Folioplanet.com
8. Oh… and I just found this wonderful list.




No comments:

Post a Comment